EUTHYROX Levothyroxine 150 MCG
Euthyrox by Merck Pharma contains Levothyroxine also known as T4.
Off-white, round; both sides are smooth and bisect; beveled edge tablets.
Levothyroxine is a naturally occurring hormone produced by the thyroid gland .
The task of thyroid hormones in the body consists in the regulation of burning fat, carbohydrates and protein. This means thyroid hormones are responsible for the amount of the metabolic turnover, which is burned in the resting state during a given period of time.
Therefore the thyroid hormone level is low, the basic turnover of fat, carbohydrate and protein burning is also low. If the equivalent of the thyroid hormones rises, so does the burning of these.
Therapeutic properties of Levothyroxine 150 mcg:
• Regulates fat, carbohydrates and protein combustion in the body also known as metabolism.
• Increased fat and calorie burning also known as weight loss.
• An underactive thyroid – “Hypothyroidism”.
• Thyroid disorders like thyroid cancer also known as goitres.
• Infertility if caused by low thyroid hormones.
• Increased protein synthesis.
Side effects of Levothyroxine 150 mcg:
• Internal restlessness, insomnia
• Dizziness, nausea
• Weight gain
• Hair loss
• Increased heart rate
• Weight loss
• Down-regulation of the thyroid function (especially during prolonged use)
• You should take the medicine 30 minute – 1 hour before breakfast
• Consume with a little water like half a glass of water.
• Beginning dosage: 25 mcg/day.
The dose is increase until the maximum dose of administration is reached; for this purpose increase by 25 or 50 mcg/day every 2 – 4 weeks.
• Regular dosage: 150-400 mcg/day for diet support.
• At the end of the treatment, you should slowly decreased the dose. The dosage is reduced by 25 or 50 mcg/day to zero, every 7 – 8 days.
Note: When taking tablets, you shouldn’t be take any calcium-rich food for example dairy products. If you have such a situation in your food, eat 2 hours before and 2 hours after the dose.
If the side effects are too strong, only a reduction of the dose, up to the end of the intake helps. In this case, the dosage must be slowly reduced, since other side effects may occur.
• You can combine this medicine with androgen to provide the best muscle control.
• Do not combine with medications containing cholestyramine, colestipol, colesevelam, anti-acids, sucralfate, simethicone, iron, sodium polystyrene sulfonate, calcium supplements, orlistat and/or sevelamer. These medicines are decrease the amount of thyroid hormone that is absorbed by your body. If you are taking any of these drugs, in that case separate them from this medication by at least 4 hours.
You can buy Euthyrox® 150 mcg 50 tablets here above and you can also check our other Thyroid Treatment products here.